Monday, March 25, 2013

II est vivant? Je Me Tue!

I have just finished watching a French animation "Le Magasin des Suicidés" 《自杀专卖店》that was released in May 2012.   Was watching the original french version along with the chinese subtitles, which had been meaningfully translated. 

The story line was good, and one doesn't need to have a funny bone to appreciate the dark humor in it.  Seemingly depressing but has a positive message behind it.  Definitely one of the best adult animation that truly capture my full attention for 79 minutes, and it has given me some things to ponder through.

Especially love the finale song, and found a few lines that were endearing to my heart.

最后大合唱的歌词写道:

永别了过火行为,终于将自己释放
因此不会再痛苦,美好生活已开始

停止无用的抱怨,幸福需要被找到
留在死亡中永生,非快乐出自本心



Some background information:- The Suicide Shop is a 2012 French animated film directed by Patrice Leconte, and is based on Jean Teule's novel of the same name (Source: Wikipedia).

I need to buy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment