Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Axeman

Just as I pray that work-life has resumed peacefulness, I was wrong. I had been through an eventful May, and a laborious June.  With the temporary manpower allocation, I thought I can finally shift my focus back to managerial work for the month of July. 

Yes, I am losing my precious sleep again.

When I finally gotten rid of a pest in May, the same breed started its infestation again. Never in my 5 years of managerial life have I seen someone so full of excuses, and full of lame dramas. To set the records right, I very much hated soap dramas, so could you please bring your props and stage elsewhere (thank you very much!).

Those who know me well, would have realised that I have no strong likes for anything but if I do expressed my utmost dislike, it must have irk me thoroughly.

Firstly, let's not confuse me as your surrogate mother. Much as I sympathise towards your plight, I am still your boss. I have exhausted my personal and corporate means to help you out, and I have run out of patience for you.

Secondly, this is my career that you are gambling with. Stop lying, and making up excuses to cover up for your tardiness! When you are paid with a salary, unexcused absences are just plain unacceptable.

Thirdly, I am angry with myself. (Damn it) I am in the midst of being upset with you, and yet I am still worried that you will commit suicide. Why must you put me through such a dilemma? For professionalism sake, I need to make a rational corporate decision, and yet I am bothered about your weak will to live.

At this moment, I recalled what my ex-boss told me "a professional must do what she must do, and not do what she feels like". I shall just do what I need to do then... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment