Saturday, March 6, 2010

Welcome to Taiwan (Part 1)

Spent 6 days in Taiwan. Departure date was on 25th February 2010. It was a short, but spiritual and eventful trip. It wasn't fun at all, because *cough cough* the weak me fell seriously ill during the 3rd day.

Every Taiwanese I came across were gentle, polite and even passionate. But it's comforting to know that most of the Taiwanese ladies "teh" when they speak. Ok, a few of my friends (especially LF) finds me extremely abnormal, as they insisted that I have 娃娃音, oh please *roll eyeball*

Taiwan is famous for their night markets (夜市), so I visited "Feng Jia" (逢甲) and "Shilin" (士林), the former is in Taichung and the latter in Taipei, both sell similar merchandise & served similar food varieties, and I always feel like fainting every time I walked past the ever famous "Stinky Doufu". I had tasted that 16 years ago, wasn't that fantastic, and I still can't stand the unbeatable stench. Sampled the goodies, and I still prefers the baked potato.


Didn't take much photos during the journey, I was terribly tired and sick. Woke up at 3am, went uphill at 5am, start climbing steep slopes at 7am, any moment I lose my footing, I would be rolling myself down. Amazingly I went up and down the mountain safely.



Their washroom is also a killer for me, "Vicks" or medicated oil must be applied before I step into one. I was really looking forward to the end of the journey. I lost 2kg for this trip, and was really in a bad condition when I returned to Singapore. Took me more than 1.5 months to recuperate my health back, my TTSH doctor, chinese physician and my mum all decided that I cannot make another trip out of Singapore that soon.

I can't seem to upload the pictures in my mobile, there is an interesting chinese-english translation I found in Taiwan, so I will be posting them up real soon, once I figured out how to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment