Thursday, September 13, 2012

Indulgence (Part 3)


Received positive feedback from my female readers, so I am happy to continue with my "Indulgence" series.  So read on my dear friends.....

(Clockwise front to back): Clio Professional Kill Brown Brush Liner, Scholl Compression Long, Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and Maybelline Make Up Remover (Eye & Lip)


If you do strut around in high heels like I do, I would highly recommend Scholl Compression Long.  This is a pair of medical stocking which works based on compression therapy.  Wear this before going to bed, and it is ideal for relieving tired, aching legs and achieving a pair of toned looking legs.  So that means while I am sleeping, this stocking will help me achieve a slimmer pair of legs, reduce water retention - all these without exercising!!!  Simply put them on, it feels tight upon wearing because of the compression effect, so slip in gently by pulling them up your legs gradually.

Verdict:  I bought this 2 months ago, and I would give it a 5 out of 5 rating.  This cost $50.65, and can be purchase in any pharmaceutical stores.  I see it as a worthy investment, especially I torture my legs cruelly almost everyday.  I do not wear them daily, probably four nights per week, mostly on weekdays.  Not so sure whether does it tone up my legs, but it does provide relief and I wake up in the morning feeling great.  I am very sure this helps improve blood circulation as well, and it keep my legs warm throughout the night.

However, (as usual) I bought the wrong size, this compression stocking should end just above the knee, but mine goes all the way up to the whole leg (Well, I guess my legs are too short)... Well, on the other hand, I get to tone up my thighs at the same time.


I have been avoiding any eye makeups since my medical condition started affecting my eyes.  It has been awhile since my eyes went bare (approximately 2 years I think), recently I started my minimum eye makeup again, and of course with every eye care precaution taken.

Saw this in AMK Hub Watsons yesterday, and out of boredom decided to purchase this Korean brand eyeliner - Clio Professional Kill Brown Brush Liner.  Was actually debating whether should I get the purple gel eyeliner, or the brown brush liner, because for the past 1 week, I have been contemplating whether should I get a purple eyeliner (of another brand) from Sephora Vivo.  In any case, I guess I am not ready for a purple eyeliner yet, and I have decided not to get myself another black eyeliner too, so I bought the brown one instead.

I never have the patience with gel or pencil eyeliner, and I do best with liquid eyeliner at all times.  No, I do not do anything dramatic with eyeliners!  Firstly, I have droopy eyelids that resulted in me having unequal eyes size with inner double eyelids *siGh*, so I just want something to "awaken" my small eyes up.  I am still trying to master the "winged" or "cat eyes" eye makeup technique, but somehow I will landed up looking like a bat instead.  I will get Anna to teach me sooner or later... *mUahahah*

Verdict:  I am super amazed by the tapered brush tip, and it creates the sharpest and thinnest line effortlessly.  Just take a look at the pictures, the brush tip is extremely fine, the texture of the brush feels soft, and not pokey on the delicate eye area.  Before the application, tip the pen downwards, and shake it 2 to 3 times, you will hear a sound similar to the correction pen, then draw in your usual application techniques.  I love the effect with the mascara, it just looked like I have a pair of natural defined eyes, and of course you will have to play up the volume if you wish to have a more dramatic effect.  This is one of the best that I have tried, and it is definitely worth a 4 out of 5 rating.


I have been a fan of Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil since Year 2004.  Heard some reviews of it not working well with oily skin, and it cause small acne bumps around the eye areas.  Come to think of it, I better start observing if this will happen to me too.  I have been switching between Lancome Cleansing Milk and Fancl Cleansing Oil for the past 2 years, so its about time to explore new products, and I probably will try Shiseido Oil Cleanser after I complete this new bottle. 

Verdict:  This cleansing oil removes my makeup, both eye and face.  It removes my waterproof mascara in one wash, and is really mild on the skin.  So far, I am pleased with the effect, and it suits me to a T, for it really is a cleansing oil for the whole face (L~A~Z~Y), and I will end my cleansing regime with Fancl Mild Washing Powder.  I will still recommend this to my friends, even though this is not the most price efficiency product.


Maybelline Makeup Remover for Eye and Lip was a door gift (I forgot from where), and I really did not think much of it, and was even reluctant to try it out as well.  Spotted this in 7-eleven recently, and saw that it was on sale for 2 at $4.20 (if I don't remember wrongly)

Verdict:  I was trying out the "winged" eyeliner technique, and landed up with dramatic thick lines, I saw this product right in front of me, and decided to try it out.  Shake well, and soaked up a cotton pad with it, pressed onto the eye for a few seconds, and the thick makeup just came right off.  Just took me 3 light wipes, without any tugging or pulling, no stinging or irritation on my sensitive eyes, and it really came off cleanly.  That wow me big time! I guess this is really one affordable product that has price and product efficiency in a bottle.  Would give it a 4.5 out of 5 rating!

No comments:

Post a Comment