Saturday, September 1, 2012

Episode 3: The Adventures of PMT (铁牙公主历险记)


Today is the day!

Yeah ~ ~ Had my lower braces!  It has been more than 12 hours since I had them, and I am beginning to experience the same sore sensation all over again. 

Dr Ho tighten the wire on my top braces, and fixed the lower braces onto my teeth, immediately I can feel the tightness around my jaw line.  This time Dr Ho has thoughtfully applied Vaseline onto my lips before starting the procedure.  The previous procedure torn my lower lips, and took a while to heal the wound.  As what my doctors would normally exclaimed... I am fragile like a porcelain doll. 

Throughout the procedure, I could not open my mouth wide enough, and I was making terrible noises like "ouch ouch, ahh ahh ahh.... " if any patient were to hear me from outside, I bet they might wanna find the nearest exit.  Finally after the whole ordeal, the nurse was telling me that she could not see the braces at all, again I started gloating and silently thank God for giving me a small mouth.

As expected, the soreness will hang around for the following weeks, and I will be on strict soft diet again until I can start chewing properly.  The problem with me is that whenever I am feeling unwell, or in a state of discomfort, I am always constantly craving for foods that I normally do not fancy.  This time I badly wanna sink my teeth into those cheesy Nachos, toasted bread with sugar and butter.. *yUmmy*

Anyway, I have been compensating myself with my favourite food ever since I could eat properly.  As a result, I put on 1 kg within a week, all thanks to those who made the effort to date me out for lunch and dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment