Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pressure cooker

Last week was our Joint Commission International (JCI), although it is a tri annual event that lasted for only 2 days, but the preparation for it took us more than 1.5 years.

There was a mock JCI survey on my 3rd day at work, and I have been working endlessly to ensure that my chapters do not have any gaps/loopholes that they could picked on (thankfully they found none).  In any case, although the surveyors cited a few findings, but we believe that should not affect our re-accreditation.

During the 2 days, my day started at 5:30am, will be in the hospital by 7:30am, and end work at 8:30pm.  I was on my feet most of the time, following the surveyors to round up the wards and clinic, going through more documentation checks and interviewing of staffs.  By the time they left, most of us just remain blankly seated in the meeting room, enjoying the quiet state of euphoria.

Post JCI dinner on 25 Oct 2013
I am still trying to recuperate from all those tension and all those walking around.  Nothing interest me more than my beauty sleep. I slept soundly on Friday, and only waking up near noon time the following day.  There are so many things that I wanted to do now:- appointment to the dentist, facial, medical checkups and TCM, etc...

I haven't seen my dentist for 2 months, and I haven't been keeping up with my rubber band regime, he will not be happy with that for sure.  I need to have my facial soon, all these tensions and stress are giving me a dull complexion and a breakout :( Need to see my haematologist soon, for I am sure that my low blood count also contributes to my tiredness as well.

If only I can sleep continuously for 24 hours... I need to take leave soon.  I am so missing Thai massage now.... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment