Monday, September 28, 2009

Mirror mirror, tell me a lie

I have many fears and phobias, in fact too many to name, yes (i admit) I'm a scary cat!

Unlike girls and ladies of all ages, I'm suffering from Spectrophobia - a fear of mirrors and one's own reflections. Must be those scary movies which i watched when i was young, where reflection was actually left behind in the mirror long after the person is gone. I'm comfortable only with objects that reflect my image without any colour. Don't ask me why.

I avoid mirrors and cameras at all cost. I look awful on photos, those stupid pictures magnified my (FAT!) chubby face, zoomed into my flaws (pimply zombie complexion), and it really add ages to my already old and sagging face. Trust me, this phobia runs in the family, across generations, none of us loves to take pictures.

Tell me, how stupid is it to smile at that tiny weeny rectangular box, how can i be natural when i know that the camera doesn't love me? Stop telling me to loosen up and think happy thoughts, I simply can't think straight when a camera is within 5 metres radius from my comfort zone. It's absolute hatred between me and camera, it failed to capture the truth about others, and it generously exposes my faults.

Last week, i nearly fainted when i received an (super duper scary) edict. Just when i barely recovered from the previous one, this latest one resulted in rapid heart palpitation for almost half a day. My heart is of a smaller built-in, irregular heart beats always makes me see "stars".

Oh my goodness! Arghhh, I'm breaking out in cold sweats now... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment