Friday, February 12, 2010

Project Tranformation (E.T to Princess) Part II

Remember my previous post in October 2009?

The 4 new posters were out in January 2010, the circulation within the Organisation started only this month, and my sweet colleague LWC gave me a set of it. As promised to my lear, and my fellow good friends, I've uploaded the poster (without the Organisation Logo/Trademark).

Story behind this poster:- An appreciation gift from my customer. I'm holding a bottle of perfume, and reading a "Thank You" card. The pink shirt was sewed by my mummy.

I'm still having problem getting used to seeing myself in that poster. Pior to this, I only mentioned this to 2 colleagues in my department, so most of them didn't realised anything until they seen the posters. In fact, they should have seen it in a company event in November last year, but i guess the buffet dinner was way too tempting. The other 3 posters depicting other colleagues were superbly taken, and so much nicer than mine.

Since then i have heard plenty of remarks like "your makeup looks weird", "your mouth looks bigger", "how come other posters looked so MTV, while yours so...", "don't look like you leh", "you look older", etc.

I even have someone questioning me whether did i really do what was mentioned in the description given (which i omitted along with the Organisation logo), and gave me a distaste look while returning me the poster, after which she ignored me, and when she saw me with a bouquet of flowers, she even asked whether did i buy it for myself. (Please, do i have to?)

For those who always back stab me, or finds me an eyesore, they kept absolute silent, and pretended it's non-existence. For my supportive friends in other departments, they gave me the thumbs up when they first see it, and has been very encouraging and positively happy for me.

Like what LWC told me, opportunity was given to me because my management endorsed it, i didn't ask for the limelight. Honestly, I didn't realised this is actually a big thing, i thought everybody will be given a chance after they obtained the award (within the Organisation). All this while, my only concern is where to hide myself once the poster is out, I didn't anticipate such malice acts coming along.

However, at least one thing turns out right, I have made my mum proud of her girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment