Monday, December 26, 2011

Foolish Dreams

Read it in a magazine some donkey years ago, that a woman is most confident in her thirties, as she has been through love and pain, has a career and a mind of her own.

I was looking forward to it (No! I'm not crazy, coz I was real young back then, thirties seems a long way to go). I always picture myself as a successful career woman, one that is confident and of course, unbeatable.

Having being defeated by life itself, looking back to all those dreams that I had painted, sadly none came true. I should have known that I am not a favourite candidate of life, and wake up from that foolish dream.

Now, I could never fathom why on earth would an aging woman be confident about herself. Career, social status, beauty, fame, health, family and friends are not here to stay. Men can always retain their market value, but sadly women somehow depreciates faster than Thai Bahts.

One can argue that it is a pessimistic view, but you can't changed it anyhow.

1 comment: