Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Solitude journeys



I always love going on a bus journey alone.  One that allows me to watch the scenery goes by, and of course I must be seated beside the window, so that I can enjoy the journey better.

It must be a familiar route, so that I do not need to keep a lookout for my alighting bus stop.  The journey must be at least 45 minutes, so that I can truly have a quiet moment of my own.  It is an amazing experience.  Imagine being in a confined, yet moving environment, in the midst of a crowd, feeling alone but not that lonely.  It is a complex, yet simple feeling that puts me at ease.

I always feel the need to be alone, but retreating into my sanctuary aka my bedroom no longer appeals to me.  Unlike the pent up frustrations that stays within the bedroom walls, my thoughts and worries seem to slip away under the moving bus wheels.  My needs for personal space seems to evolve as time goes by.

Perhaps the notion of a one-way ticket will soon overpowered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment