Monday, May 6, 2013

8 years 8 months

Today marks the end of my first job.  There are many things to be thankful of, through all the good and bad times, many opportunities were given to sharpen my skills and foresight.  Bosses did try their best to change my mind, a few baits were thrown in, but I was not tempted.

I have been delaying my departure, hence it was not a painful decision at all, but it was still heart wrenching to bade farewell to familiar faces, scenes and sights.  Thankfully those closest to me are all male colleagues, farewell lunch and well wishes, then off I go quietly, without getting teary... Shall greatly miss their jokes and presence, and their careful protection which shields me from malicious female gossipers. 

I am leaving behind tons of memories.  For the sake of a change in environment, personal development, health and my sanity, I have no reasons to hold me back. 

Most people remain clueless about my next job, those few who knew exclaimed about the drastic change (banking to health care), but I am excited about it, and this new industry does hold great attraction for me.  The new role that I will be taking up is much more challenging.  I certainly hope this new environment should be less competitive, and a much more meaningful industry.

Goodbye OC! Hello JH:)

No comments:

Post a Comment