Friday, May 24, 2013

New start

I have embarked on a new career path, ventured into a new terrain on 15 May.  I have been patiently waiting for that day to come, totally filled with excitement while getting ready for it.

The past 1 week has been intensive, yet enriching.  My CEO did pre-empt me that the learning curve will be a very steep one, and true to his words, I am really caught in a whirlpool of madness. 

Before I can settle down into my role, or get to know everybody, the mock Joint Commission International (JCI) also started.  In fact, the mock JCI sent every staff in the hospital into a frenzy.  As for me, I was trying hard to grasp with the medical terms and procedures that are being used during the conversations, I was totally clueless about this JCI, but it got better as it goes by.  I can always easily relate back to the compliance policies in the Banking sector, for the basic underlying principles remain ceteris paribus.

Waking up at 5:30am is really a challenge, because all morning meetings start at 8am sharp. The past 7 working days were really filled with back-to-back meetings, I honestly don't really remember attending that many meetings all my life.  Furthermore, now that I am running the clinic operations, with staffs reporting directly to me... I can ill afford to turn up work sluggishly or late.

By the time I got to bed, I am so exhausted that I fell straight into Lala Land almost immediately.  No time for any facial mask at all :(

New beginning.  New challenges.  New lifestyle.  New image.  New networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment