Monday, May 18, 2009

Sleep deprivation


I am seriously deprived of sleep! Stress level has been all time high since we shifted office. There are so many changes to be adopted, strict guidelines implemented by the management. Anxiety and depression truly falls upon me, and I could hardly breathe...

Working late has also taken a toil on my health, I'm waking up everyday feeling lethargy. The influx of work totally sapped life out of my colleagues, we hardly smile, barely had the time to speak during office hours. All i see are frowning faces.

Why is everything in such a mess? Never did i expect myself to be so unhappy. Are the management aware that morale is at all time low? I definitely understand the urgency to revamp all processes, but did they somehow lose the human touch during this transition? After all, we are human beings, not machines, why do i have this feeling that i am just a production worker in a factory line?

Am i not committed to my work? Despite my unhappiness and weariness, i still reach office early, and stay back till late (after 10pm), just to make sure everything is in order. Well, to my bosses, that's my duty, but think about it, i could really just deliver my work half heartedly too.

I have 2 superiors; one who equates staying back late as being inefficient and lacks time management, while the other simply feels that he/she is extremely hardworking (just like her, my god!).

Perhaps i really need to sit down and seriously ponder through... ...

But where will i go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment