Saturday, May 26, 2012

Celebrating Friendship

I have known my Buddy since my sweet sixteen.  He is one gem who has unconditionally find time to check on my well-being from time to time, who is always awake at weird timings to reply my wee morning sms-es, someone who will drop his work aside, just to meet me for a one-hour lunch, at my very last minute request. Yes, I am that "spoilt", but I do not do it often!

Our friendship goes a long way back, surprisingly not much during JC times, but it all started during our Uni days, despite having different backgrounds, being in different schools, a few phone calls, and only meet up once a year for dinner.  He has been in and out of relationships, and I had never met any of his 3 ex-girlfriends, not even his current girlfriend.  I am sure our JC friends cannot ever imagine that it is possible for us to even start a "buddy-ship".

How strange!  I have spent half my lifetime knowing him!

I remembered when I was hospitalised in TTSH, and was so afraid in my B2 ward, nurses were rushing in and out of the ward, elders were moaning in pain.  That moment I felt the frailness of life, and was practically weeping uncontrollably into my pillow, it just took me a sms, and he responded like a life-line, and after a few hours of sms-ing, eventually I managed to fall asleep. 

To him, I am always stubborn yet vulnerable, and he knows too well that I am a blur sotong with plenty of weird notions.  I think he will continue to let me be what I wanna be, and he will just be patient with me, like a daddy to a child, whenever I start crying for help.


No comments:

Post a Comment