Friday, July 6, 2012

Close Shave

This took place when I stepped out of the office building on Friday, and was approached by a mid-fifties man, in business attire, with a decent looking tie.  He has mistaken me for another lady by the name of "Eve", I walked off after telling him nicely that it was a case of mistaken identity, he started pacing beside me, and asked if I find him familiar?

I paused in my stride, looked right into his eyes, and said in my annoyed tone "No".  He kept repeating that it is normal if I do not have any recollection.  I quickened my pace and changed course to the nearest taxi stand, while he was tagging behind calling me "Eve".

Great! I did not have a fantastic day at work, and I am now being pestered by a psychopath, who has mistaken me as "Eve", and wanted to send me home - to another side of the island - Bishan? *roll eyeballs*

Despite me constantly warning him that I am in going to scream if he comes any closer, he maintained his distance, and continued his one-way communication for another 5 minutes or so, while I was praying hard for a miracle.  Why on earth is the "Book-a-cab hotline" so busy on a early Friday night?  Shortly, prayers were answered.  Thank god for the guy at the front of the taxi stand queue, who was observant enough to notice that I am in distress, and offered to let me go up the cab first.  I only had a brief moment to smile weakly at him, and offered a word of thanks, hopped into the cab, without looking back at Mr "Adam".

Whoever you are, Mr Kind Soul, much appreciated for saving my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment