Monday, July 2, 2012

Park

Thanks to the sweltering heat, I have been suffering from this terrible pounding headache for weeks.  But I am not going to succumb to the sweet invitation of those pain killers. 

Took a walk in the park today after work... I remember taking my sister to the playground with her tricycle, with a cute little basket holding our shovels for sandcastle making... we were very young then, life was simple though not that carefree... When I was in my teens, waking up early to meet my classmates to jog in the park was a weekly affair, my best friend fell for one of my jogging mates, but things turned the other way, and we fell out when we were in Secondary 3...  My first walk with a JC guy friend... My first encounter with a lesbian...    

Time really flies, it has been 27 years since I stepped into this estate.  This park has seen me at different stages of my life, wearing cutesy school shoes till fancy high heels now, its paths bore my footprints with my love ones; sometimes side-by-side, sometimes one ahead of another.  Some paths are meant to be shared, some intertwined, and some - alone...


I think I better stop walking the park for awhile.  I better stay indoor, safe in my sanctuary, away from the heat, away from the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment