Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bedtime

Nowadays, I have been sleeping early.  Bedtime is usually 11pm on weekdays, and 10pm on weekends.  Sometimes, I can go to bed as early as 9pm on a Saturday.

I guess age is catching up eventually, I need at least 8 hours of sleep daily.  Occasionally I will lose sleep, and once I have less than my desired amount of sleep, I will be in a wrecked state the following day.

By going to bed early, I can compensate for my lackness in the sleep quality.  Athough I still wake up feeling lethargic, but I am more focus during the daytime, without much sign of tiredness.

I love it when I wake up at 2am to replenish my water intake or toilet visit, knowing that I still have a lot more hours before my annoying alarm jolt me up from my precious sleep.

My Chinese Physician told me before, my illness comes from severe lack of sleep, and high mental stress, resulting in slow building and replenishing of blood.  So I must have sufficient rest, and plenty of sleep to regularize my immune system.

I always needed a lot of sleep since young, probably due to my inherited beta thalassemia minor trait, but my mum used to think that I am lazy, and loves to drag me up whenever I wanna sleep in.  But now, she just let me sleep on, knowing that I need it more than anything else.

Once in a while, I do lose sleep... but nothing beats having absolute silence to mull through thoughts and feelings, and when I ran out of "what if", I know that it is time to curl into my blanket, and console myself that all is not lost, while I try to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment