Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dreadful July

July was a fast paced, and extremely stressful month.  A lot of fields trips, a lot of meetings, a lot on my plate that is beginning to pile up.  All those walking around has really caused some damage to my poor ankles, I need to ditch my heels for the time being, and to don on comfy flats.

Amidst of all the unhappiness, I did managed to have some fun though.  Did a movie marathon with my BFF, Anna, to catch "Monsters University" and "Despicable Me 2".  Love those cute minions, if only I have a bunch of them, every day will be filled with laughter and glee.

My company had 4 VIP tickets to "The Phantom of the Opera" on 20 July, and each ticket was worth $230.  Went with my boss and colleagues, the stage setting was spectacular, and our seats were close to the stage.  The show was sensational, and I can sense the wrath, and loneliness that the phantom was feeling.  As well said by William Shakespeare in "A Midsummer's Night Dream", the course of true love never did run smooth".  The game of love is always a gamble to take on, and ah well, I was made a loser!

The stress that I have been feeling since June did not go away, and it was heighten once again just at the end of July.  I am seriously tired but I will just have to keep moving on and alone, everything is freaking new to me, and it is really very different in all aspects.  I am cautious not to hire a job hopper, so I must at least remain in this industry for a year or two, so that my resume will look decent.  Hopefully I can pass through my probation by mid-Aug, and get ready for the "Hospital Management Asia 2013" in September.

Doctors are not exactly the nicest people around, not when you are working along with them.  My morning meeting with the most senior consultant tomorrow has been giving me nightmare since 2 nights ago.  I am in for trouble because my staff had mis-managed the allocation of the consultion rooms.  Arghhhh, please do not lower my confidence anymore.  Just the thought of it already frightens me... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment