Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hectic August

The month of August just went by in a flash!

I made it through my 3 months probation, and I am officially part of the JH management team now. Was waiting anxiously for the news on the 15th, but I guess the preparations for the Annual Board Meeting and the Pre-MOH licensing inspection kept the whole JH occupied.  They have decided on my confirmation long ago, but I was informed only a week later (after the 3 month's dateline), and I haven't formally gone through the evaluation form with my superior yet!  All well, better late than never.

I totally lost track of the countless meetings that I had attended in August, and I really need to get a new organiser or diary for the remaining quarter of the year.  Although I have to agree that meetings are boring, but they indeed make time pass by quickly, and my schedules just filled up with meeting invites, making my calender meaningfully packed.

Had a intense moment during a meeting with the other hospital's management 2 days back.  That demanding Finance lady was pushing her luck, bit by bit cornering my staff into giving in what they wanted.  So I was forced to break my silence, and give it back to her.  The whole meeting room filled with 20 over of their staff versus 3 of ours, and the atmosphere just froze up that instance when I questioned why their work flow wasn't properly done up, and yet expecting us to freely give away our operational secrets. 

I am no stranger to boardroom tensions, I am used to these scenes in the corporate world, so please do not play punk with me.  I couldn't care less.

Please let me sail through the Pre-MOH audit tomorrow smoothly, had a good session attending a press event on Friday.

Looking forward to my Bangkok trip in 2 week's time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment