Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bye Bye July, Hello August

Phew!  What a month July has been!

Watched "Ice Age 4", and was laughing so hard in the cinema.  Not bad for a stress reliver, although I seriously cannot recall a single plot of the storyline.

Attended EXSA last Monday, and was again amazed at how dedicated and passionate some people are about customer service.  It could be an inborn trait, or a skill accquired during the course of work, and not forgetting plenty of encounters with demanding customers that shapes the service mindset.  A veteran of the banking industry for 35 years, and a fourth time getting an EXSA Star award is definitely worth a standing ovation.

Was in a mad, mad rush again to complete my CSR Part 2 assignment on Thursday, in just less than 24 hours before submission time on 3 August before 7pm.  Yes yes yes, Opps I did it again!  Thank god that I managed to spot "Lee Burke" article in the midst of the (horrendously thick) lecture notes, and decided to use that theory framework for my analysis.  By 2am in the morning, I was sending distress signal to my coursemate, and he was in shock when I started discussing Burke's theory with him.  Getting panicky is no good especially when the deadline is fast approaching, after much discussion, he will ploughed on without Burke, while I holding on to Burke desperately for my dear life.

Last minute work, mad rush, struggled till 4am and it was finally done. Not my best individual piece of work, but nevertheless glad to get rid of it.  But alas, I couldn't print my assignment as I wasn't aware that I ran of of plain paper.  Slept for less than 3 hours, and was in a zombie state in the office.  The whole episode only ended when I rushed to submit my precious work during lunch time, and came the finale... I was drenched from head-to-toe in the heavy downpour, and started shivering with cold in the office.

Imagine the blissful state I was in when I finally get to rest my poor bones on my bed.

Then came the news from my coursemate:- most of our coursemates adopted the Burke's framework, which came as a relief to me, and naturally bad news to him :( Now I could only wait and see if I can scrape through this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment