Saturday, August 25, 2012

Episode 2: The Adventures of PMT (铁牙公主历险记)


*siGh* I was supposed to have my lower braces fixed today... but I had to postpone it to next week instead.  I had a relapse recently (due to my autoimmune condition), my doctors had a discussion, and all agreed that I should not go ahead with the Orthodontic treatment till my relapse recovered.

Nobody in the office realised I had my MT with me, I didn't encounter any problem in my daily work as well.  The past 2 weeks has been fairly enjoyable being a PMT, not much pain derived from the physical braces, but the surgery that I had for my wisdom tooth is still bothering me big time.  It has been 1.5 months since the surgery, but my wound is still aching and is preventing me from eating well too. Since the surgery till now, I have lost 3kg, and with no doubts, I will lose even more once my lower braces is on.

Well, I have to admit that the first 3 days with the top braces wasn't that fantastic.  This is the period where the teeth started shifting into places, and experiencing sore gums is absolutely normal.  Survived the first week with only soft diet, and somehow I just simply lost the urge to eat.  Now that my surgery wound still hurts, I cannot consume anything that is above room temperature too :(

One dear friend managed to whet up my appetite by tempting me with my favourite Tamago sushi, and I had 4 of it in a row ;)  I am still using the meal replacement milk as a supplement for my daily nutrients intake thou.

Hopefully with enough rest, my relapse will recover over the next few days, so that I can have my lower MT next saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment