Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Adventures of PMT (铁牙公主历险记)


PMT means premenstrual tension, which happens to 75% of the ladies, before or during their menstrual period.

But PMT here means Princess with Metal Teeth, aka 铁牙公主。For my non-chinese readers, it reads as "tie ya gong zhu"

I am now officially declared as a PMT, had my first arc (top braces) yesterday morning.  I have been very excited about having my braces on, and has been patiently waiting for 11 August to come.  My dental appointment on 14 July, was to extract my wisdom tooth and a few other tooth to make way for my braces.  The surgery cut for the wisdom tooth has yet to fully recover, my right cheeks is still puffy, and it still hurts to open my mouth wide.  Please be aware that I am one of those who do not recover easily with any cuts or injuries, and they take ages to heal, so please handle me with care ya *wiNk*

Anyway, I still went ahead with the top braces, was making a lot of noises when Dr Ho tries to expand my mouth, and can you believe it, my lower lip was bleeding during the procedure, it just tears up because of the force exerted.  So now I have a wound right in the middle of my bottom lip :( 

Dr Ho has to apply glue onto the surface of my teeth, so that he could stick on the brackets (those squares that sits in the middle of a tooth so as to hold the wire securely), then shone blue light across my teeth, this action will dried up the glue and secured the brackets.  Then an arc-shaped wire was inserted into my mouth, and positioned to fill in between the single bracket, which was then closed up for a snug fit.

I was smiling when I saw those brackets on my teeth (No! I am not crazy!).  In fact the braces stays hidden even when I open my mouth to speak, that is the benefit for having a small mouth *evil laugh*.  The assistant nurse told me to run my tongue across my braces "to get a feel of it"! Ok, here is another secret, I have a very short tongue as well, in fact, I couldn't even ran my tongue across my teeth *siGh*

I love my braces, but the pain came after a few hours later... *sObz*  It has not cause me any major problem (yet) like most of my friends encountered, but my front teeth hurts terribly (because the teeth are trying to move into the correct positions), and again I couldn't chew properly.  I had only managed to start eating well after my last dental procedure on 21 July (removal of the stitches inside my mouth), and now I have to go back to my milk diet again.  Luckily I heeded Dr Ho's advise to fix the lower braces in another 2 weeks time.

Well, tomorrow will be a challenging day at work, first day in the office with my braces on.  How am I gonna cope with talking non-stop on the phone, and let me see if any of my colleagues realised my MT's existence. Oh! I have an appointment with a lecher client tomorrow, let me flash my MT at him if he tries to be funny with me.

Hungry ~ ~ Time for milk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment