Tuesday, March 24, 2009

23.03.09

Yesterday, i bravely ventured out alone to TTSH, i was due for my eye checkup (yes, it affected my eyes this time) in the afternoon. For this expedition, i did my homework (on the Internet of course) to check out the exact location, which direction to head over to, which bus stop to board on and alight from, etc... My parents thought i was crazy, they could have easily drove me over in just 20 mins, but hey I'm an adventurous girl! Surely i can handle a bit of exploring right?

All right, i see some (ok! a lot of) raised eyebrows. Occasionally, I'm muddle headed enough to lose my way in this small island. MRT interchange like Dhoby Ghaut and Outram Park still daunts me a little, but I'm still navigating my way all right what! Just give me some time allowance, and I'll reach there eventually.

Ok, let's not digress further. I found my way to TTSH without any hindrance, safe and sound (so proud of myself), and was early for my appointment. Dr Karen Chia was very satisfied with my recovery, and it will be sometime before i get to see her.

I was supposed to meet my friend, LF, at 5pm, and since I still have time, i headed straight down to Marina Square for a hair trim, it's been almost 3 months since my last visit in Dec'08. Felt oddly satisfying to see my hairstylist pruning away those untamed locks. By the time I'm done, i was running late. Gosh! You should have seen her face when i finally arrived fashionably late (almost) an hour later. (LF my dear, I'm sorry ya? But it's really the stupid MRT at Tanah Merah (towards Changi Airport) refused to open up).

We went shopping in Changi Airport Terminal 3, bought some hair accessories, candies, and LF bought me a Good Luck Bear, which is my all-time favourite since young, he is green and his tummy symbol is a four leaf clover with heart shaped petals. For background knowledge, Care Bears was officially introduced in 1982, their "tummy symbols" (as they were originally called) are referred to as "belly badges".

Went over to Earle Swenson for dinner. As I'm still on a very strict dietary intake, hence i have limited options from their menu. Their bread bowl was overly toasted, but the Cream of Chicken soup was surprisingly pleasant and light, and the Chicken Frank Sausage Hotdog was not too bad, LF's medium raw Sirloin steak was nicely done as well. The ambience is good, so if you are looking for a quiet place to do some catching up with friends, do give this place a try. However, a piece of advise, do not expect a huge variety in their menu.



My very first public appearance (haha) after 3 months of hibernation. Nothing special about the Banana Split ice cream. (Pssst! come closer) I'm not supposed to eat that, but who can resist it? Any food that is sinful tastes real good! Yeah!

This is for LF... Amazingly we click like old pals when we first met in Year 2003 (those were the days sia). Those overtime hours in the Credit Card department, plenty of fun with our KTV sessions, shopping and food expeditions, mostly nonsense during our outings, but i truly appreciate and treasures our friendship. Despite you being younger & full of life, don't so fierce to me can? My poor heart is not so strong de hor.

2 comments:

  1. You're looking good and healthy again :) You need more ice-cream :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. kns... dun sae until u r so weak lah.. hehe =p

    ReplyDelete