Friday, March 20, 2009

Can parallel lines meet?





Ok, i need to confess, i actually text my buddy to confirm that parallel lines does not meet. However, he did mention there is an argument that parallel lines does meet at infinity.

Mathematically, parallel lines remain the same distance apart over their entire length (called "equidistant"). No matter how far you extend them, they will never meet. Parallel lines will always point in the same direction.

Ain't it sad? My view of a healthy relationship is just like a set of parallel lines, someone always close beside me, and yet able to let me maintain my individuality. I envy the chemistry between a couple, where a lot of unspoken words, faith, and trust are being communicated through actions, or just a look of eyes. But the question here is, is that really a healthy insight of love? Key point: Parallel lines never converging or diverging, they simply never meet! Even if they do meet (based on non-Euclidean geometries), it's at infinity. How irony!

Here's another question for you, "do you love having your partner around you, or do you love him/her?". Well, at inital stages most likely it's the latter, but as time goes by, will it still be ceteris paribus? I'm not saying that all relationships will fall into that vicious cycle, but sometimes Love can easily become a false front for convenience sake.

Of course we do see plenty of virtuous cycle (happy ending) as well. There is, however, a possibility that a virtuous cycle can transform into a vicious one. In short, both cycles are complexes of events with no tendency towards equilibrium (at least in the short run). Hmm, how can you blame me for being pessimistic right?

Sagittarius women speak their minds, as the truth tellers of the zodiac. I'm a true blue Sagittarius, the ultimate bachelor sign, so don't assume things will lead naturally to the alter. I do have my fair share of unpleasant datings, either too possessive, indecisive, characters mismatched, or simply loves to take people for granted.

Talking about star signs, I have been following Susan Miller's Astrology Zone since i was 18 years old. I'm a great fan of hers, and she makes Astrology easy to understand. If you do have some interest in finding out the ancient science of interpreting what influence the movements of the planets, stars and other heavenly bodies that may have on our lives, or rather, just to find out more about your monthly forecast, do give this website a try. http://www.astrologyzone.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment