Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Over... ...

Guess what? I'm so into a new beauty brand "Benefit". It's not exactly a new line, but it was only officially launched last year in Singapore.

I bought my very first item last month before Valentine's Day, its a cream to powder foundation, and awesomely named as "some kind-a gorgeous - the foundation faker". The packaging is so darn cute. There are only 2 tones, either deep or fair (light to medium), and i landed up with the latter. Frankly though, i think the foundation doesn't really compliment my skin tone, but still i can make do with it (coz it's cute!!!). Maybe I'm more used to powder foundation, so i still need to practice practice practice.

I simply love the way they named their products, "hello flawless!", "miss popularity", "realness of concealness", "touch me then try to leave"... Such creativity. Now I'm going gaga over their eye bright pencil and a blusher... but hold it! I shall just put it under my wish list, imagine paying SGD $60 for a blusher in times like this....

Make-up is such a messy affair, but now it comes with a fun twist to it. However, the rule of the thumb is always "less is more", the less you put on, the younger you will look.

But hey! It's funny that i always landed up looking as "less is nothing". I hate it when i take pride to "paint" my face in the morning, and then hear remarks like "you sure you got make up meh?". Oh geesh! One such remark is enough to kill my mood for the rest of the week, fine! i go "nude" (on the face) then, and i really take only 5 mins for that. *applauds*

But my new resolution for Year 2009 is to remember to slap on sunblock and moisturizer. I'm always too lazy for that, and although it could be too late to start that regime (supposed to start in my early twenties), let's hope i can save it in time.


(01/05/09) Update:- I'm back to my usual Lancome 2-way foundation. I just didn't have enough willpower to continue with it (no, i don't hate it), i just grown out of liking it. Dislike doesn't equate to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment