Thursday, March 26, 2009

I hate it!

My hospitalisation leave ends today, and i was actually looking forward to go back to work tomorrow (Yes, you heard me right, and I'm perfectly sound in the mind). But last night, i started having fever, kept vomiting and having stomach runs after 11pm, was practically up the whole night, rushing in and out of the washroom. Thanks buddy for replying my sms at 4am ya! (You're always awake at those weird timings huh =))

Doctor diagnosed that it's actually food poisoning, and not stomach flu. He wanted to give me 2 days MC, but i insisted on resuming work tomorrow, as long as i stop having fever, no vomiting and diarrhoea, i should be fine by tomorrow.

My colleague also suffering from food poisoning as well, luckily he has no fever, but his comes with flu and sore throat. Strangely his doctor told him to avoid meat for the next few days. huh? I thought just to drink more water to avoid dehydration. In any case, who has the mood to eat?

Also, previously on 12 March, my right cheek was so swollen (that my right earlobe actually went a few inch higher than my left), my doctor told me it was Mumps (swelling of the salivary glands). The explanation offered to me is that my immune system is extremely sensitive, and since I'm on steroid, that medicine will reduce my immune system's sensitivity, but at the same time lower it's responsiveness towards common ailments. *siGh* So depressing to know of such complications.

Anyway, I slept the whole day away, and only managed to swallow a few mouthful of plain porridge. My stomach still feels bloated, like a goldfish. Time for me to sleep now, as i intend to reach office early tomorrow, to clear my emails and do some updating of work. Sweet dreams =)

No comments:

Post a Comment